Cervical cancer has been established as the second most common cancer that usually occurs in women and is second to breast cancer. Every year, there is an estimate of over 20,000 women in the world experiences some early symptoms. This type of cancer is malignant neoplasm of the cervix uteri or the cervical area. It may be present with vaginal bleeding but the symptoms may not be visible until the cancer is diagnosed in its advanced stages.
The cervix is a part of female reproductive system. It is the lower, narrow portion of the uterus where it joins with the top end of the vagina. During pregnancy of women the cervical os closes to help keep the fetus in the uterus until birth. Another important role of the cervix takes place during labor when the cervix dilates, or widens, to allow the passage of the fetus from the uterus to the vagina.
The development of cara mengobati kanker serviks usually takes place in a gradual manner over a period of years. During this process, the cells on the cervix change from normal to abnormal. The abnormality change is the primary sign and indication of cervical cancer.
There could be so many cancer signs and one of the common causes is related to a sexually transmitted virus called the human papilloma virus or ‘HPV’. Although this infection will not lead to cancer early symptoms and cancer but then again these viral types may lead to abnormal changes and may progress eventually to early symptoms of cancer. Never disregard these infections and treat it immediately to prevent it from becoming a cancer.
Here are the common cervical cancer signs and symptoms:
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding – This is the most common symptom. Women should be aware of their menstruation, bleeding after intercourse, spotting between periods. An abnormal and sudden vaginal bleeding without any reason should be brought up to your physician to have you examine.
- Pelvic pain – Lasting pelvic pain not related to other conditions, menstruation, or physical exertion can be a symptom of a cervical cancer
- Vaginal discharge – When you observed that you have unusual and frequent vaginal discharge, it may be one symptom of cancer. This is a common symptom related to any condition of women. A vaginal discharge may have or may not have a bad odor.
- Increased urinary frequency – When you urinate frequently, especially if you are not pregnant then there may be a possibility that you have cervical cancer.
- Difficulty in urinating – When there is pain or difficulty during urination, it’s time to see your doctor and have you check up. This may also be a symptom of UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) but to make sure, seek advice from your physician to be treated earlier.
- Pain during intercourse – When you feel unwanted pain during intercourse, you may have cervical cancer.
- Digestive disorders – When you are experiencing chronic constipation and feeling a lump even if you had a bowel movement
- Loss of appetite – Sudden loss of appetite may also be a sign of cervical cancer.
- Weight loss – Weight loss is associated with loss of appetite. With loss of appetite, the tendency is you get to lose weight as well because you don’t feel like eating.
- Over – fatigue – Even when you are rested but you still feel stressed and feeling tired all the time, there might be a problem.
In order to diagnose this problem, the most common and effective method is the Pap smear test. But in order to confirm the diagnosis of cervical cancer or pre-cervical cancer, it should require a biopsy. Patients suffering this disease in an early stage can be treated with conservative surgery for women who want to maintain their fertility. Now for others, they are usually advised to remove the entire uterus and cervix to prevent the disease to spread out. Infections or other health related problems may also cause these symptoms. To make sure if you really have cervical cancer, it is advisable that you see your doctor and undergo examinations. Only a professional physician can say whether you have cervical cancer or not. The early you inform your doctor about these cervical cancer signs and symptoms, that problems can be diagnosed and treated as early as possible as well.